Federal Priorities Database: Getting Started
We've already run some searches that we think are timely and interesting, and you'll see those results when you first arrive on the database page. Want to create your own search? Follow the steps below:
1. Click Search the Database.
2. Select a dataset from the Indicator or Expenditure drop-down lists. You can narrow down the choices by first clicking on a category.
3. Include the dataset in your search by clicking the Add button next to it. The database should now appear in the Selected variables portion of the screen. You can add up to 5 datasets.
4. Click Map My Data!
5. Once the search is done running, you can mouse over each state on the map to see its corresponding information. Use the slider underneath the map to change years. Some datasets include county information; for those, you can click on a state to display a map of its counties.
6. To see the data in a table instead of a map, click Data.
7. If your search included more than one dataset, use the links in the Variables box to switch between them.